This is the delicious chili I had at the Sip N’ Shop. Many people asked for the recipe. Here you go! I love how the use of a medley of colorful bell peppers lowers the carb count and adds color, flavor and texture. I don’t miss the beans at all! This is a great healthy dish to take to a group event.
(For those that follow the eating program I coach for, this is a complete Lean and Green meal. For other plans, you could easily analyze the carb/calorie per serving with a recipe nutrition converter.) Credit to Sandy’s Kitchen Adventures for the original recipe which I have modified slightly.
- 25 oz Cooked Ground Turkey
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) Italian diced tomatoes
- ½ cup Tomato sauce
- ½ cup water
- 3 cups diced medley of bell peppers (green, orange, red, yellow)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¾ tsp salt ( I like to use smoked sea salt.)
- 1 packet stevia – optional
Brown and drain ground turkey,
Combine all ingredients in a crock pot.
Cook on LOW for 8 hours.
5 Servings (about 2 cups) with
1 Lean, 3 Greens and 3 Condiments